25/09/2017

My Fellowship in Photography




I'm delighted to say that I was awarded a Fellowship in Photography from the Irish Photographic Federation (IPF) on Saturday the 23rd of September 2017 :)

My written statement: 

It may seem a little odd, but I have always loved paper. As a child I would sit, scissors in hand and cut-out chains of people & free snowflakes from sheets of paper just to entertain myself.

When I started a 365 photography project back in 2011 it didn't take long to run out of things to photograph. Once again I turned to a blank sheet of white paper; this time to make something to use as a prop.

2458 days later I'm still taking a photograph everyday. Making stuff from paper has become my “thing” and with my camera I try to bring my imagination to each paper scene.

This panel of 20 images comes from my on-going photography project and represents a glimpse of how I imagine the night would look if the world was made of paper. 

If you want to see each shot bigger and a selection of images that didn't make it on to the panel click here

No comments: